Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 and Cygwin

From: Christoph Schlegel
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 and Cygwin
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:50:39 +0100

Sorry, I forgot to reply to the list also...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 and Cygwin
Datum: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:52:31 +0100
Von: Christoph Schlegel <address@hidden>
An: john o goyo <address@hidden>

Am 12.03.2011 22:36, schrieb john o goyo:
On 12-Mar-11, at 3:34 PM, Christoph Schlegel wrote:
r more expected ones like make, flex and autoconf; these are not
installed by default).

I tried to build gm2 using gcc 4.3.4 and got the following error:
[...]

[...] but I saw the gm2-compiler build without problems...

Gm2 on gcc-4.3.4 built without problems. That is very interesting -- I
have only ever tried the "official" version of gcc-4.1.2. I shall try it
(on Solaris 10/sparc) and see what happens.

john

Hi John, hello list,

I didn't graft gm2 onto 4.3.4 sources, I just used 4.3.4 to build it.
Just read my email again and understand the possible misunderstanding. I
wanted to point out which version of gcc I used as Cygwin offers both
gcc-3.x.x and 4.x.x. I also downloaded the "official"
gcc-4.1.2+gm2-cvs-latest.tar.gz...

But I can report a functional build now for i686-pc-cygwin under Windows
Vista.

The trick with commenting out strsignal in string.h worked...

I also forgot to mention libpth-dev in my former email. Configure warns
you if it is not present as it is necessary for people using coroutines.
The Cygwin-installer offers the package in Devel and Libs.

I do not know if it is of use to someone but I uploaded the binary build:

http://freepages.modula2.org/downloads/gm2.zip

The compiler lives in c:/cygwin/gm2 on my box and I recommend putting it
there. I tried to give a prefix ~/gm2 but this doesn't work. You have to
give an absolute directory name (differing to Linux) - the gm2 homepage
told me about it correctly but I had to try...

Regards

Christoph