Re: [Gm2] Building problems (NetBSD)

From: Christoph Schlegel
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Building problems (NetBSD)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:43:38 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:19:28 +0000
> Von: Gaius Mulley <address@hidden>
> An: Christoph Schlegel <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Betreff: Re: [Gm2] Building problems (NetBSD)

> Christoph Schlegel <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > I did a default gmake as described in the docs. make gm2.1 appears as it
> should (see output above).
> >
> > After looking through some docs my guess is the use of
> >
> > ".mso www.tmac"
> >
> > in gm2.man (line 15). This macro package seems to be used by Linux
> > people (man (7)). The BSDs use the mdoc package (mdoc(7))
> > instead. Having no experience with the creation of man-pages I don't
> > know how to solve this.
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> ah I can help you with www.tmac :-) yes you would need to install groff.
> Maybe this should be added to the install section (or dependencies).

This is the strange part: I have groff installed but it doesn't work.

By the way I read in the gcc documentation
(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Front-End-Makefile.html) about the
creation of man files: "This target is only called if the necessary tools are
available, but should ignore errors so as not to stop the build if errors
occur; man pages are optional and the tools involved may be installed in a
broken way".

But that's just a sidenote as long as I am not sure where my problem ist. Is
there an easy way to exclude the man directory during the build?

Thanks!

Christoph