Re: [Gm2] GM2 packages & OBS

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gm2] GM2 packages & OBS
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:13:01 +0200

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 12:07:42 -0400
David Egan Evans <address@hidden> wrote:

> An RPM in a Yum repository, assuming the RPM is made right, could be
> used on SUSE, Fedora, and RHEL/CentOS.

Well, with OBS, there is support for several distros, so it's possible
to build for e.g. both SUSE *and* e.g. Fedora taking distro's specifics
in account.

> I have an RPM spec file that worked at one point, but last time I
> tried a 32-bit build I ran into issues with it. Maybe I'll try again
> at some point and post the result to my public repo.

That would be a good start. I also have to become more familiar with
OBS...

> Of course, an official RPM would save me the headache. :)

I'm also curious what is Gaius' opinion in regard.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no