gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Wierd make problems on Fedora Core 5... cannot

From: Jan Ceuleers
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Wierd make problems on Fedora Core 5... cannot find upnp.h
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:14:24 +0200

Tim Lockwood wrote:
Basically, compilation fails on line 23/24 of 'connectmgr.c', complaining that it can't find 'upnp.h' or 'upnptools.h'.
(snip)

Tim,

See my contribution of a few days ago.

=== begin quote ===
I've had to make the following changes in order to get this release to compile:

1. Add "/upnp" to the end of UPNP_CFLAGS in src/Makefile (sorry, I don't know how to fix configure to do this properly)

2. Add the following #includes to src/webclient.c: <unistd.h> and <time.h>

3. Add #include "ithread.h" to src/metadata.c

4. Add #define min(a,b) MIN(a,b) to src/webserver.c
=== end quote ===

Please note that Oskar has addressed some of these issues differently (in the CVS version) than I have listed above:

1. Oskar has prepended upnp/ to all of the relevant #includes instead of making the change to src/Makefile (or causing autoconf to make such a change);

3. The above includes adding #include <upnp/ithread.h> to src/metadata.c instead of simply including "ithread.h"

4. Oskar now uses MIN directly instead of adding the #define

Hope this helps.

Jan