gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] send a signal to the program

From: Jan Ceuleers
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] send a signal to the program
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:14:45 +0100

Jörg,

Jörg Hanke wrote:
I read that the gmediaserver database can be refreshed by sending a signal to the program. I could not find any hints, how to do that.

Here's how I do it:

/bin/kill -SIGUSR1 `cat /var/run/gmediaserver.pid`

Furthermore is was wondering if the whole database will be reseted or if it’s an incremental update.

My understanding is that it is not incremental (which is a shame).

Cheers, Jan