Re: [Gnash-dev] dblatex instead of fop?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] dblatex instead of fop?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:27:22 -0700

strk wrote:
I'm with you about dropping Java requirement.
PostGIS uses xsltproc and pdfxmltex to produce
html and pdf output from docbook input.

The latest snapshot of FOP uses GCJ, but I have no problem replacing it with something else as long as it reads XML Docbook files and makes PDF output. FOP is a pain to setup, so if the other tools work, I don't see any problems in using them (other than the little bit of work to switch). Patches gladly excepted... :-)

  I'd just as soon *not* need Sun Java for anything.