Re: [Gnash-dev] test packages

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] test packages
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:08:08 -0600

Patrice Dumas wrote:

It is likely that the rpm won't install nicely, because they depend on
the binary library interfaces (so there will be an unmet dependency when

With these test packages, I'm more concerned about the contents being all there, and installed in the right place. My assumption is they package maintainers will handle making binary packages for the different versions. I was mostly just tweaking the packaging files sent to me, since I had changed how the plugin gets installed.

Having src.rpm is also important for testers, because that way they may easily be rebuilt on other distro versions with binary incompatible
library versions.

Oops. In a real release the src rpm would be included. In this case I probably just forgot to copy it over to my web server.