Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:38:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> There have been at least two patches lately applied
> to backend/gnash.cpp but not to gui/.
> I think we should really switch now, so developers
> will not be busy maintaining old code and users will
> be able to test new code.
>
> Is anyone ok with switching now ?

The switch to the new gui is fine with me, but what about the sound backend?
I've been trying to write a gstreamer-backend, based on the old sdl-backend,
but AFAIK it only works for the old plaer in backed/, so should I move it
somewhere else and re-design it? I don't have the great overview of the
structure so any input would be great!

cheers,

Tomas