[Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI

From: Hannes Mayr
Subject: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:03:36 +0200

Hello,

I've finished the implementation of the GTK GUI with AGG backend. Since I needed to make some modifications in gtk.cpp (more detailed description below) I wanted to check if this didn't break anything in the cairo implementation. I've found out that almost all flash movies, even the simplest ones, doesn't get rendered properly with cairo. I did then a fresh checkout of the current CVS code and tried that, but the problem remains the same. So it seems the cairo backend is already broken in CVS. Can anyone confirm this?

The GTK-AGG GUI so far works perfectly. Except that the window resizing acts strange, but this is a known issue, isn't it?

As mentioned I had to modify a bit the code in gtk.cpp. There is a GtkGui::init and a GtkGui::createWindow function. Basically the whole initialization is done in GtkGui::init, also the window creation. The problem with this is, that init is called before the swf movie is read, so the movie size is unknown during the window and renderer creation in init(). As AGG needs to know width/height I moved all the code for the creation of the window and the renderer to the createWindow() function. What I've seen there should be no problem, but is there a reason why this code was put into init() and could it break something if we move it from there?

Hannes