Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash backend support - doubts

From: shamju joseph
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash backend support - doubts
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- Udo Giacomozzi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello shamju,
> Friday, October 13, 2006, 1:12:44 PM, you wrote:
> sj> 1) Can I build gnash without X, gtk, and SDL ?
> Yes.
> sj> 2) Is AGG backend (with framebuffer driver)
> alone enough for playing?
> Yes, but there are still many features missing in
> the backend (no
> masks, no gradients, no bitmaps). It's just a matter
> of time.
> sj> 3) The source tree contains lot of folders,
> what's the purpose of each?
> sj> 4) I only want gnash player so what is the
> minimum source files (ie folders) I require?
> Hmm. Is a slim binary not enough?
> sj> 5) Can I avoid compiling server, pluggin,
> testsuite folders? If yes how can I do that?
> server is an essential part of Gnash, it won't work
> without (contains
> implementations of the various Flash objects). Don't
> know what's
> plugin, but testsuite is not required.
> sj> 6) Is 15 frames per second generated for playing
> animation SWF (not video) files?
> Depends on the movie, the backend used and the
> hardware, of course. I
> got also 60 fps (AGG backend) on a P3 733MHz at
> 800x600 but that was a
> simple movie.
> Udo

Thanks....but when I tried to configure gnash without
giving --enable-gui, I got configure error saying gtk
is missing (it's taking gtk as default). What's the
configure command to configure gnash without SDL,GTK
and X dependencies?

The README file says "It can be run as a library used
by other programs". How to configure gnash for this?

shamju joseph

Do You Yahoo!?