Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: make check

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: make check
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:07:52 -0600

strk wrote:

> Another option would be completely avoiding to descend in the
> actionscript.all dir for now, since we are not even sure those tests are
> correct :)

  The technique we used for the GCC/GDB was the concept of an expected
failure, "XFAIL", which didn't return an error. Currently dejagnu.h
doesn't support xfail for unit testing, I'll add it. We did that so for
a release if was only the unexpected failures we cared about. If a bug
is fixed, the XFAIL becomes an XPASS, which means you have to remove the
xfail test. I'll look at implementing this later today.

  I actually think it's entirely likely the test case is broken, and not
Gnash.