Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:45:00 -0600

Markus Gothe wrote:

> Yeah, toggling for videos from you-tube is a necessarity.

  Well, as Gnash doesn't do streaming video yet, I think we're safe
here. :-) But yeah, when we get there sound will be even more of an issue.

> For myself, I don't want to add/break things before the release.

  This would be a minor change I think, adding a menu toggle and/or
config file support. Otherwise I think we're going to be getting bogus
bug reports about not being able to turn sound on or off.

  Thinking of the release, I think we're getting closer once we finalize
these current sound and testing changes. For me the AGG-GTK combo is
working pretty well, even as a plugin.

  Any thoughts on whether sound should default to using ffmpeg or libMAD ?