Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:57:46 +0200 (CEST)

--- Martin Guy <address@hidden> skrev:

> If we want to support choice of gui/renderer/mp3-renderer at runtime
> that would be splendid, the same as mplayer and friends do. In fact
> that would be cleanest, with a choice of interfaces to include at
> build time and with the available choices displayed by --help or by
> --gui=list
It should be possible to do this with the soundbackends, and also using runtime
choosing so mp3decoder in the sdl soundbackend. I there's as wish for this,
i'll give it a shot.

>   That would also force a clean internal interface between the
> different modules and get rid of the nested Ifdefs and multiple
> executables that happen at present.
Some of the #ifdef are hard to avoid since some code can't be compiled without
the needed headers/libs being present...

>   Maybe it is too late to kill off the name "klash" but mapping it
> internally into "gnash --gui=kde" by inspecting argv[0] or by the fact
> that the klash executable is built with a single gui is ok though.
By all means, kill it! ;)

cheers,

Tomas