Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe ships beta Flash Player 9 for x86 Linux

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe ships beta Flash Player 9 for x86 Linux
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:36:38 +0200

John Gilmore wrote:
>   http://blogs.zdnet.com/Stewart/index.php?p=148
>
> Congratulations, Gnash team!  Your competition has encouraged Adobe to
> actually support the Linux market (though they're still ignoring x64).
>
> The release notes mention a few minor enhancements to the language.
>
>       John

I personally don't think this move is related to gnash, I think Adobe is
realising that there is a market (as in $$$-ka-tjing (flash spyware
etc...)) for Linux and therefore starting earlier this year with Adobe
Reader 7 to support it.

Gnash will however rock their a**es, since it will compile on
IRIX/Solaris/"Your Favorite OS" with user-controlled settings etc... :)

//Markus