[Gnash-dev] AGG backend now supporting all fill styles

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] AGG backend now supporting all fill styles
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:36:36 +0200

Hi,

  I just committed a major extension to the AGG backend. It fully
  supports now all 7 fill styles:

  - solid fill
  - linear gradient fill
  - radial gradient fill
  - tiled bitmap fill (hard and smoothed)
  - clipped bitmap fill (hard and smoothed)

  I saw there is also a focal gradient fill, which was introduced in
  one of the newer Flash versions. This fill style can be added
  easily, once Gnash supports it.

  AFAIK there are only two things left to be implemented before the
  AGG backend is a 100% Flash compatible renderer:

  - Masks (this will my next task and it will support nested masks)
  - Pattern line styles. I believe they're bitmaps, which wouldn't be
    a problem but somewhere I need to get the pattern data, of
    course...

  Check out the ninjai movies, they look very well:
  http://stream.shockwave.com/afassets/ninjai2/nj_chapterninjai12_bb.swf

  Note the first chapters don't start because of some ActionScript
  problem...

Udo