Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:46:18 +0200

Hello Deanna,

DP> Yes, that failure was from over the network, in the plugin.
DP> Just downloaded it, it's fantastic :)

Hmm, probably once again a problem with the loader thread. Do you have
a idea, strk?

DP> Same issues as described earlier, though.  I don't know
DP> graphics-speak but it's kind of an infrequently updated second
DP> movie on the right side of the actual movie.  Like in the
DP> pictures I posted.

That happens because the the framebuffer is rendered with 16 bits per
pixel, but obviously GTK is expecting 24 bits per pixel. That means
that the image shrinks by 1/3, the colors are completely wrong and the
missing 1/3 is taken from the following row.

DP> This is shown in verbose mode, someone added it last week to
DP> help me troubleshoot a crash.  So it is:

DP> 12:33:27: GTK-AGG: Create renderer with pixelformat RGBA16
DP> 12:33:27: framebuffer pixel format is RGBA16

DP> My X session is at 16 bpp.

So the framebuffer matches your graphics mode but I suppose that GTK
expects a 24bpp (or 32 bpp?) buffer regardless of the video mode. At
least that would explain the result.

Hannes, can you have a look at it?

Udo