Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?

From: Hannes Mayr
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:25:04 +0200

Hello,

shamju joseph wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I have some more doubts regarding this,
please excuse me for asking these basic doubts.

1) If configure script need not be modified, why should we pass
'host=name' parameter to configure? where is this parameter used?

Normally configure detects automatically the host system,
on x86 for example i686-pc-linux-gnu. If you are cross-compiling you need to explicit set this variable to tell configure the target host and it can then detect that you are going to cross-compile.

2) How I know the name of 'host=' parameter for my target?

The host parameter consists of cpu-company-system or cpu-system. Instead of trying it out, you could do a search with google, maybe someone else did already cross-compiling with the same compiler and you could look how he did it.

3) How we tell configure the location of other cross-compiled library
files?

4) How we tell configure the location of other host specific include
files?

I have /opt/kenati/lx4189-kenati-linux folder with bin include and
lib subfolders. The 'bin' folder has cross compiler tools
(lx4189-uclibc-gcc etc), 'include' has target specific include files
and 'lib' has cross-compiled libraries.

5) How can I tell 'configure' to look for include files and library
files in the above folders instead of default folders?

Usually with "--with-<dependency->-lib=/your/path/to/libs" and for includes "--with-<dependency->-incl=/your/path/to/include".

You may look to "./configure --help" for more help and all available options.

Hannes