[Gnash-dev] release thoughts

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] release thoughts
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:18:39 -0600

Well, at one point I thought we had mostly implemented and stabilized
everything we wanted for this release except for fixing the font
problem. Now that video support has been added, Gnash has been
destabilized. As glad as I am to see this video support, we need to come
to a simple decision about the supposed release.

As I see it, we can do one of two things:

1. Make a CVS snapshot from Thursday, make this a release branch, fix
what we need to there, and release that as 0.7.2. We'd release the video
support officially in the following release.

2. Focus on beating these new changes into shape, delay the release for
several weeks, and release 0.7.2 with working video support.

  I guess I'm curious what other folks think. It has been 6 months since
the last release, and Gnash has made good progress. Many distributions
only ship official releases, so most are still using the 0.7.1 alpha
release.

  So Gnash folks, what are your thoughts on this ?