Re: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:13:12 +0100

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:13:56PM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:06:45PM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
>
> > s> Tested GTK/Opengl. Works (and doesn't keep aspect ratio, dunno which
> > s> is better :)
> >
> > It does not use the xscale/yscale values calculated in the gui. Prior
> > to my patch they were not used anywhere...
>
> I introduced xscale/yscale in Gui class for correctly reporting
> mouse events in specifically this case (aspect ratio not kept).
> So they *were* used (just accessed trough getXScale and getYScale
> by implementations - gtk.cpp for sure [motion_notify_event])

Checking this in 0.7.2 branch, it seems that the fact that
AGG keeps the aspect ratio breaks mouse events.
Try with gtk/agg.
Resize the window so that aspect ratio (of the window) is not
retained and try clicking on some buttons (gravity-embed.swf
shows this easily).

It will work with gtk/ogl since ogl respects arbitrary aspect
ratios.