Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer based video-decoder

From: NOREPLY
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer based video-decoder
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:07:06 -0500

Despite many efforts to set up GStreamer (I'm always in favor of a
unified framework for things), I have always run up against major
problems which, according to other users, are unavoidable with current
GStreamer offerings.

Most notably, both the framework and the decoders are somewhat
feature-anemic and far more fragile than a production release should
be. From a programming standpoint, I'm also of the opinion that the
thing is over-engineered.

--
deitarion/SSokolow
Stephan Sokolow

WARNING: The reply-to address for this message may be invalid. If you
are unsure, please reply using the webmail form at
http://www.ssokolow.com/ContactMe

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel, or PowerPoint attachments. Not only
can they contain viruses, Microsoft works tirelessly to keep the format
closed to competing products. I have no difficulty reading plain text,
PDF, HTML, or OASIS OpenDocument files. (Try OpenOffice.org)
See the appropriate section of http://www.ssokolow.com/UseStandards for more.