Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: Don Hopkins
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:17:42 -0800

Hi! I'm glad to help, and look forward to Gnash supporting Flash video!
I've checked the video stuff into the OpenLaszlo subversion tree at the following locations:

lps/components/extensions/av -- low level video components
lps/components/av -- high level video user interface components
demos/youtube -- youtube demo
demos/videolibrary -- video library demo  (requires Flash Media Server or Red5)
test/video -- various video tests

If you want to run the YouTube player in debug mode, to see if there are any warning messages in the debug window (and to see the mediastream status callbacks), then you can open it with this url:
http://www.donhopkins.com/trunk/demos/youtube/youtube.lzx?lzt=swf&debug=true&tag=wet+pets+san+pablo
    -Don

John Gilmore wrote:
strk said:

I'd add I've been trying to fix ActionScript issues preventing
youtube player from working.

Don Hopkins implemented streaming video classes in OpenLaszlo a few
months ago.  His blog says that you can use his OpenLaszlo code to
access YouTube.  (OpenLaszlo compiles into Flash, among other things.)

  http://www.donhopkins.com/drupal/node/126
  http://www.donhopkins.com/trunk/demos/youtube/youtube.lzx?lzt=swf&tag=wet+pets+san+pablo

I don't know if it will run in current gnash -- but it might provide
another path for testing gnash's video support, without having to
resolve all of YouTube's ActionScript issues.

	John

PS:  Don, I don't see your video code in the OpenLaszlo SVN tree; can you
give us a specific path to it?