Re: [Gnash-dev] New network structure

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] New network structure
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 02:14:43 +0100 (CET)

> > * We should probably use a circular buffer when handling real streams.
> > * Support for callbacks are needed, since LoadVars and NetStream (and maybe
> > others) needs support for something to happen (for example: start playback)
> > when X bytes has been loaded.
>
>    Which I believe is only supported when using RTMP. The client sends
> the control message to the server, which then does the right thing...

Actually this is used by all protocols. NetStream and Sound got function to set
a specific data to be buffered. When the whished amount of data has been
buffered for NetStream the playback is started, and Sound can call a user
defined function.

> > Support for some http is already in cygnal, which will be moved to libbase
>
>    libamf might be the better place, or move the protocol class from
> libamf to libbase as well. Both Cygnal and Gnash will be sharing this
> code, so just be careful not to add any subtle dependencies to Cygnal.

Should we make the HTTP a subclass of protocol? I think the protocol class is a
bit rtmp specific...

cheers,

Tomas

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notesblok. http://dk.mail.yahoo.com