Re: [Gnash-dev] sprite_instance::restart() and properties

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] sprite_instance::restart() and properties
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:06:02 +0200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 11:10:15AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Thursday, April 19, 2007, 11:02:12 AM, you wrote:
>
> s> No, it's a bug. Attaching clip properties in ::construct seems a good
> s> idea to me, but I'm not sure ::construct is called again after the call
> s> to restart. What about calling attachMovieClipProperteis directly
> s> in ::restart ?
>
> contruct() is called by restart() itself - right after clearing the
> properties by the way. The getter-setters and properties seem to be a
> world of it's own, but I *think* construct() should contain all
> actions that currently are located in the constructor - at least those
> that can be modified by restart().
>
> The constructor also contains these calls:
>
>   set_prototype(getMovieClipInterface());
>
>   // Initialize the flags for init action executed.
>   m_init_actions_executed.assign(m_def->get_frame_count(), false);
>
> Not sure what they really do and if they should be moved to
> construct()...

Ehm.. how we discussed on the mailing list, the problem
is that ::restart is not properly documented.

If it is only for the GUI we're likely not sufficiently cleaning up.
If it's for the buttons, we're cleaning too much.

I suggest we concentrate on defining what is it for first.

Kai suggested to use a ::replay function for GUI control, but
I'd say a function for GUI use only should NOT be in the gnash::character class
at all.