[Gnash-dev] youtube profiling

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:54:50 +0200

I've done some profiling playing youtube.
The bottleneck is still the rendering. In particular, video frame rendering.
Profile output shows that the drawVideoFrame routine is called 375.
This is the RMS singing video, which is 02 minutes and 01 second long.
The player2.swf file is at 25 FPS, which means 3025 calls to ::advance
during the playback. I assume most of the times a new frame
is not ready so we don't display anything... If this is correct I'd
think the FLV itself has more or less those 375 frames in it.

Question1: can we add a debugging output telling us how many video frames
were in the FLV, to confirm I'm on track ?

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!