Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performanc

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:56:57 +0200

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 8:38:57 AM, you wrote:
SS> If we store a TimelineInfo object to "static" objects we might
SS> solve this problem. The TimelineInfo might be a pointer to the
SS> PlaceObject2 tag (now in its own header extracted with this
SS> in mind) and the frame number in which it was executed.

To have the information about depth, position and such?

SS> Things to check before proceeding (by adding more testcases)
SS> are:

SS> - What happens when instance in frame 2 changes it's matrix
SS>   or depth due to a PlaceObject2 tag in frame 3 when looping back
SS>   from frame 6 to frame 4 ?

What *should* happen is that the new matrix/depth set in frame 3 is
restored. Regarding to our solution: good question. I guess we need to
have for each sprite instance:
- a list of placeobject / removeobject tags (or references to them)
  including frame number
- number of last known frame
Does this sound?

SS> What if we loop back to 2 or to 3 ?

Of course, PlaceObject2 settings of the respective frame need to be
restored.

SS> - Are dynamic instances moved to the "static range depth" by ActionScript
also
SS>   removed by loopback ? (see misc-ming.all/displaylist_depths_test.c)

Removed? You mean when looping back to a frame *prior* to the
PlaceObject2 tag? Yes, they're also removed.

SS> - Are static instances moved to the "dynamic range depth" still removed by
SS>   loop-back ? (again, see displaylist_depths_test.c)

As said above, they're *not* removed on loop back and PlaceObject2
adds a new copy to the stage. So after the loop you have two
instances.

SS> - Are load/unload events of instances placed and removed before
SS> the target frame of
SS>   a loop-back invoked again ?

When looping back to a frame *prior* to the PlaceObject2 the movieclip
actions get executed later, when entering that frame. Don't know what
you mean with "removed"..

Udo