[Gnash-dev] Re: FLVParser bugs

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: FLVParser bugs
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:47:45 +0200

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 12:47:40PM +0200, Tomas Groth wrote:

> I don't agree... FLVParser::parseNextFrame() shouldn't be blocking, since
> every
> function that uses it is blocking (and if they're not then that is a bug).
> Also

Mmm.. I don't see why if callers are blocking it should not be, actually the
other
way around would make more sense to me... The only way to make a non-blocking
call
blocking would be sleeping and try again...
Anyway, if it makes sense to you I'll just fix the comments and go on trying to
find out where the failure is (playback not started).

> I guess the definition of "timeline" is the issue here, since the timeline in
> the comment is defined as being the *known* FLV timeline, which means the
> timeline we know exist in the parsed data, which is the same situation whether
> we're slow at loading data, or we've reached EOF. To know the differens we can
> use _parsingClomplete in FLVParser, or NetConnection::loadCompleted().

This is also confusing... _parsingComplete is a private member of FLVParser
while NetConnection::loadCompleted calls a method of LoadThread.
I'll add a loadCompleted() method to FLVParser.