Re: [Gnash-dev] Compilation trouble on Windows with MSVC

From: Eric Hughes
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Compilation trouble on Windows with MSVC
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:24:17 -0600

At 01:14 PM 6/12/2007, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
I.e. the hand-made config.h could be put in the Win32 folder, and the
.vcproc project file updated accordingly.

That doesn't seem a very elegant solution, but if we can't make the build
system work normally on Windows, that may be our only option.

It's not elegant at all--downright ugly, in fact. But short of rewriting the whole autoconf system so that it can output both makefiles and Visual Studio project file based on abstractions that don't yet exist within that system, it's easier to duplicate effort and provide parallel support.

Eric