[Gnash-dev] Google video?

From: Kaveh R. GHAZI
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Google video?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:38:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gnashers,

(Sorry if this has been discussed, if so I'd be happy to review a link in
your mailing list archives if you would be so kind as to send me a URL.)

I'm interested in learning about your progress towards having gnash be
able to play back google videos. There is one video in particular that I'd
like to link to from gcc.gnu.org, as it provides some good ground rules
for our mailing list policies.  The video is:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

RMS feels that we shouldn't promote videos from GNU websites that require
a proprietary video player, and as a GNU maintainer I support that policy
as well.  So I'd like to investigate how far along our free solution is
towards being able to play this kind of thing.

According to this page:
http://www.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/ExternalFlashMovies
Gnash can't yet play google videos.  But it sounds like you're close.

Would you please offer some insight into your plans for getting google
video working?  I'm only looking to get as specific as which quarter of
which year.  I.e. something like Q3 2007, or Q2 2008 would be specific
enough for me to determine whether simply waiting a few months is a likely
to solve our problem.

                Thanks,
                --Kaveh
--