Re: [Gnash-dev] ACT module; white box testing and aspect templates

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ACT module; white box testing and aspect templates
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:17:55 +0200

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:13:05AM -0600, Eric Hughes wrote:
> At 08:05 AM 7/18/2007, strk wrote:
> >I see you throw std::exception() rather then a subclass, but the
> >standard C++ lib (at least the gnu one) doesnt' provide a constructor
> >for that base class taking a string or char *.
> >Do you have an exception specification already ?
> >Or should we use the derived runtime_exception ?
>
> It matters little to me at this point.
>
> The only place where I'm going to really care is in the scheduler.  That's
> the moral equivalent of the top-level function of a thread body, and is
> responsible for task management.  There will need to be a catch-all handler
> there anyway.

I committed a change to use runtime_exception when in need for a message.
I'm just trying to make the code build with GCC. Next obstacle is:

cygnal/ACT/Handle.hpp:122: error: invalid default argument for a template
template parameter
cygnal/ACT/Handle.hpp:129: error: using typedef-name
`ACT::Handle_Registry_Leader<T, Aspect>::aspect_type' after `class'
cygnal/ACT/Handle.hpp:132: error: a class-key must be used when declaring a
friend
cygnal/ACT/Handle.hpp:197: error: using typedef-name
`ACT::Handle_Registry_Follower<T, Leader, Aspect>::aspect_type' after `class'

I don't get the template<class,class> syntax on line 122.