Re[3]: [Gnash-dev] gnash run slowly on ar m w ith agg-renderer

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[3]: [Gnash-dev] gnash run slowly on ar m w ith agg-renderer
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:45:45 +0200

Hello ligy8160,

Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:09:49 AM, you wrote:
l1c> 1,Because I use FB as GUI, So the renderer I use can only be
l1c> Agg, and if I use Opengl , It must supported by Hardeware
l1c> acceleration. In arm , Is there HW exist?It looks like has no HW in it.

I'm no ARM expert, but your SBC (single board computer) probably needs a
graphics chip that is OpenGL capable. But you're right, using the FB GUI only
AGG is supported at the moment.

l1c> 2,I don't know the mean you say about optimize the movie, can you explain
it ? Thanks.

I don't know what kind of movie you want to play (how it is designed?). Unless
you tell us a bit more about your project I assume that you created the SWF
movie yourself, most probably an application.

A simple movie can be played decently on a slow CPU while a complex movie of
course needs a fast CPU. When your movie is designed in such a way that the
whole screen needs to be re-rendered on each frame of course playback is very
slow on your CPU. An extreme case (to make this clear) would be a constantly
changing background: looks nice maybe, but takes lots of CPU.

On the other hand, having a still movie that maybe only updates a clock text
label once per second will only need to re-render that part of the screen
between user interactions, which your CPU should handle fine.

It all depends on what you want/need. Playback performance depends *heavily* on
the design of a movie...

Udo

PS: Can you please configure your mail program to send text-only mails? I have
problems displaying your posts... :(
And always CC: address@hidden so others can read our discussion as well. Thanks.