Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash run on arm with agg as render

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash run on arm with agg as render
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:34:05 +0200

Hello ligy8160,

Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 11:11:47 AM, you wrote:
l1c> I download a swf file from Net randomly, and play it on my ARM
l1c> board, just make it as an application.

There are some sample SWF files in the Gnash sourcetree ("testsuite"
directory). For example, the "gravity.swf" file should play quite fast on your
CPU.

l1c> How can I distinguish the flash style, and if it is what as you
l1c> say, the gnash is also not support many format flash files?

It's hard to tell for files you didn't create yourself.

Gnash supports all Flash files up to SWF 7. Some features are missing (Gnash is
still work in progress), but movies up to SWF version 6 should play fine.

It's simply about how much work your CPU has to do. Like it will probably
handle Minesweeper or Tic Tac Toe better than something like a 3D action
shooter... ;)

Udo