Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:29:46 +0100

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:18:44 AM, you wrote:
SS> With drawing api you can't specify the side of the fill, which
SS> simplify things a bit, in which, for example, a green square
SS> containing a red square can't be represented with fill-sides
SS> as you reported as an optimization for SWF-defined shapes.

With drawing API you can only draw simple geometries so there is no
need for a fill side.

Note that the renderer has already to take care of two different
"filling rules":

"even odd" is used for normal Flash shapes.

"non-zero" is used for glyphs.

Glyphs (even embedded ones) can have intersecting edges and thus need
special rendering methods. The glyph pixels should be covered at the
intersection. Using the normal "even odd" filling rule would result
into a hole, which is wrong.

I'm not sure how each of these filling rules work in detail and why
the compound rasterizer (Flash-like rasterizer) needs filling rules at
all. So I'll ask in the AGG mailing list...

SS> I guess the renderer will just draw one shape over the other.

I guess each beginFill/endFill will result into a subshape so the
renderer will always draw one shape over the other.

Udo