Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:49:21 +0100

Another *important* thing to verify is the DrawingApiTest.swf
with the proprietary player.
In particular the 4 versions of the nested squares (with green
fill).
Those tests seem to show that "normalization" happens whenever
a fill is closed and a new one is added, with pen movements
not automatically closing the fill.
I'm saying this because the first two squares seems to be
rendered with an hole, and the subsequent two withouht.
The only difference between the with-hole and without-hole
versions is an additional call to beginFill, specifying the same
fill already in effect.
All shapes move the pen to draw the inside square.

This tells me that a "preprocessing" steps DO happen within
the drawing api (if it wouldn't we'd have the same underlying
representation for all shapes, except direction of edges that
is confirmed not to change rendering results - see the first
two squares).