Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:45:54 +0100

Hello Sandro,

Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 11:17:34 AM, you wrote:
>> SS> Another *important* thing to verify is the DrawingApiTest.swf
>> SS> with the proprietary player.
>> SS> In particular the 4 versions of the nested squares (with green
>> SS> fill).

aha, il trucco c'รจ, ma non si vede... ;)

These 4 squares look identical in Gnash and P.P.

I see differences in the green shape at the right side of the red "X"
(it is not filled in the P.P.).

Also, the green shape below the red "X" are different:
- Gnash renders a green rectangle with black lines on both sides
- P.P. renders two green right-angled rectangles (complete with
outline):

     /|   |\
    / |   | \
   /  |   |  \
  /___.   .___\

SS> Yeah, this is what I'm going to try next. I'd like to have
SS> m_new_shape documented though.

Has been documented in the meanwhile.

SS> There's no test, I just said that you DO can produce arbitrary
SS> paths with it. See testsuite/misc-ming.all/ming_utils.c for
SS> a starting point with editing shapes (doesnt' do anything
SS> special, see make_fill_square).

I was talking about making a SWF-defined shape that is identical to
what the dynamic shape representation of the ActionScript code in my
Thanks.

Udo