Re: [Gnash-dev] GradientFill example

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GradientFill example
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:25:07 +0100

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 07:59:23PM +0100, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a small example demonstrating  the use of
> MovieClip.beginGradientFill. Compile it with mtasc -version 8 - resulting
> .swf attached.

Thanks for the test Asger. Attached is a modified version in case you want
to work some more on it.

The changes add tests for the flash.geom.Matrix class for which we have *no*
tests. The usual way to test classes properties is in actionscript.all, but I
understand you don't intend to install Ming...

I found a good beginGradientFill-focused testcase in swfdec testsuite.
What makes it better then yours is it doesn't require SWF8 and the Matrix
class at all, and tests different kind of gradients.
Take a look here:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=swfdec/swfdec.git;a=blob_plain;h=a30717e4584c8a50182e66fd285e4bd632ca2c84;f=test/image/gradient-beginGradientFill.as

> I don't know how to turn that into a test-case, but I attach the source
> code, and a picture of how it is supposed to look.

What we usually do is using MovieTester to check the average color of pixels
inside a circle given a center, radius and tolerance.
Swfdec way is to compare a full picture.

> Gnash does not show anything.

Yes, beginGradientFill is unsupported, and so is the whole 'flash.*'
namespace btw...