Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix

From: strk
Subject: Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix for running www.twango.com videos
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:37:30 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 08:01:55PM +0800, Hong Yu wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion! We have modified 'configure.ac' (see
> attached) a little bit (with reference to gnash-0.8.1/configure.ac) to
> enable ffmpeg as media-handler in the configuration. However, we find
> that you have hard-coded GST in your source code as the media-handler
> (server/parser/video_stream_def.h); so that we have to use
> '--enable-media=gst' in order to proceed to build and install.

Yes, I noticed things got further then I tought...

> Therefore, if you would still consider the ffmpeg option, could we help
> with, for example, coding the ffmpeg related media-handling components?
> We are working for embedded platform, so we would appreciate it if the
> GStreamer's 7MB size libraries could be removed. Thank you!

You're surely welcome in helping with ffmpeg, but I'm afraid we still
don't have a fixed architecture to plug ffmpeg back in.
I get the base class will be remodeled after the gst support is completed,
embedded sound being the only thing left.

I belive 0.8.2 will be released w/out direct ffmpeg support as it's pretty
late for it, anyway Bastiaan likely has a more complete picture.