Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix for running www.twango.com videos
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:07:48 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Hong Yu wrote:

Therefore, if you would still consider the ffmpeg option, could we help with, for example, coding the ffmpeg related media-handling components? We are working for embedded platform, so we would appreciate it if the GStreamer's 7MB size libraries could be removed. Thank you!

On a sidenote: if your size indication of 7MB is for gstreamer itself,
then you also might consider stripping down gstreamer. Gstreamer uses a
plugin-based system, so you can simply remove the plugins that aren't
required for Gnash in your embedded setup. Given that, you should be
able to strip it down to less than 1MB. That's not taking into account
any of Gstreamer's dependencies, and you'll still need ffmpeg (in the
form of gstreamer-ffmpeg).

Bastiaan