[Gnash-dev] Kate Davis: Re: On Flash and Gnash

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Kate Davis: Re: On Flash and Gnash
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:36:10 -0800

Gnash-dev, Kate is a support volunteer for OLPC.  Kate, gnash-dev is
the (small) set of active gnash developers.

I don't think there is a new gnash in OLPC's update.1 release -- at
least, it isn't very new.  It just calls itself "gnash cvs" without a
version or date.  However, the RPM it was built from says it's
"gnash.0.8.1-2.olpc2.20071226cvs", which is a lot more informative;
it's two months old.  This is visible here, in the build log:

http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/olpc/streams/update.1/build693/devel_jffs2/build.log

Please do test the gnash in update.1!  But test it now, rather than
after update.1 is released.  Just install the current update.1 and
test the one in there, because it probably won't change unless there's
something terribly wrong with it.  And if there's something terribly
wrong, your testing will probably be how we find out about it.  :-)
Update.1 needs to get kicked out the door with minimal further
changes; some would say it should've been kicked out a month ago.

The main Gnash project is within a week of cutting its next (0.8.2)
public release.  Rob Savoye can probably soon provide you (and the
joyride build) with a 0.8.2 OLPC gnash for testing.  That would
probably go into update.2.

        John