Re: [Gnash-dev] Proposal: Bittorrent support for Gnash

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Proposal: Bittorrent support for Gnash
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:27:20 -0400

Miriam Ruiz writes:
 > 2008/3/18, Russ Nelson <address@hidden>:
 >
 > > Let me suggest something different to you: a Mozilla plug-in which
 > >  plays videos encoded in Ogg/Theora for video and Ogg/Vorbis for audio,
 > >  and which uses BitTorrent with threads to download.
 >
 > Does anyone know any of these?
 >
 > http://www.scvi.net/stream/soft.htm

Wow.  So, really, it looks like the problem is not that the software
doesn't exist, but instead that nobody has been able to create
critical mass for their software.  Only Adobe Flash has been able to
do that, and everybody expects Microsoft to do it with Silverlight.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software