[Gnash-dev] Re[2]: [bug #22472] textField intsance variables problem

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re[2]: [bug #22472] textField intsance variables problem
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:13:55 +0200

Hello Sandro,

SS> It seems to me that Udo's design breaks if we can't handle to call
SS> set_invalidate before ...

Yes, set_invalidated() makes no sense at display() time.

SS> One thing to look at could be the Object.watch/unwatch taht might
SS> be useful for cases like this. Not sure they work like that but
SS> it could be a separate table of "hooks" in the PropertyList
SS> which would be invoked anytime a variable with a given name
SS> would be added/deleted/modified/changed_of_flags.
SS> Such "hook-by-name" support could be also useful for the debugger
SS> (watchpoint).

Properties can be functions, right? So a textfield might need to
update itself in every frame without any other accessing that
property. Does the current design deal with this?

What about simply adding an additional step after
movie_root::advance() where each text field explicitely checks it's
associated variable and calls set_invalidated() if necessary?

Udo

PS: Note you didn't reply via the bug tracker (and so did I now).