[Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.2 on OLPC XO?

From: Keith Kie
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.2 on OLPC XO?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:59:49 -0700

Hi Gnash Dev team,
I am a Linux newbie and was wondering if 0.8.2 will be included in OLPC's "Update.1" If not, is there a simple way we can install the newest version of Gnash? (yum install etc?)

I never knew what Gnash was until the OLPC XO came around.
This looks like an exciting project and I appreciate everyones hard work on the Developer Team. YouTube performance has been a pivotal issue for the OLPC project (even though 3rd world children probably won't be using it) adults have been very critical of it, due to "seemingly poor performance". Flash based educational sites have also become a "flash point" of debate to purchase or not (when compared to Intel's Classmate PC running Windows).

I don't want to sound extreme, but it seems the fate of worldwide open-source education hangs in the balance of the development of a successful flash player.

Thank you again for your time and help, the world thanks you,
Keith