Re: [Gnash-dev] About Buttons

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] About Buttons
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:15:15 +0200

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:08:15PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> SS> In the current timeline design the ::advance step is not done on the
> SS> stage tree but on a global list of "live" characters.
>
> Interesting. I guess this is documented in the Wiki? Anyway, just a

Not really, I just added a note here:
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/ActionsExecutionOrder#Current_implementation

What we currently do is registering sprites (and other characters
that need to be advanced) when the ::stagePlacementCallback method
is invoked.

> quick question: How is the correct advance() order ensured in that
> list? I'm sure it makes a big difference if one character is advanced
> before the other..

Last placed character is advanced first.

> SS> You sure ? Isn't it just the HIT area so taht you can have
> SS> an invisible "alone" around the button representing its hit area ?
>
> Yes, you're right, I was a bit confused... ;-)

So that needs to be tested better. We want to include (or maybe
*only* consider) the HIT character (iff available) when checking
for topmost_mouse_entity from self, while we only want to
check the others (except HIT) when checking for pointInVisibleShape.