[Gnash-dev] Unicode

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Unicode
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, dear address@hidden community.

My question is "Does Gnash support Unicode"?

To be more specific, if we create Flash 7 swf file that takes text from
UTF-8txt file (Japanese, for example) and shows it in the movie. Such example
isimplemented here http://www.oddhammer.com/unicode/tutorial.htm

I compiled Gnash 0.8.2 on my Linux (kde-gnash) and I wasn't able to see
Japanesetext in standalone Gnash player in example mentioned above, while this
exampleworks fine for Adobe Flash on the same computer. I tried both with and
without--enable-fontconfig option.

Thanks,
Oleg

Be a better friend, newshound, and