Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: i586 libffmpeg-api installs in /usr/lib64

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: i586 libffmpeg-api installs in /usr/lib64
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:23:52 -0600

Juergen Weigert wrote:

Or host the ffmpeg codecs in a safe place ? packman has ffmpeg codecs, is that sifficient for you?

Packman, Livna, or whatever repository has the codecs themselves. Gnash supports more than just OpenSUSE, so we'd have to support multiple repositories. For Gnash, this would be a user config file setting, with a sensible default compiled in.

What's the status of libffmpeg-api's code ?
5% implemented, 100% broken.

Hum, guess I'll look at it when I get around to this task. I guess with libffmpeg, it could just use a dynamic library for ffmpeg ? I was thinking I'd have to use the ffmpeg-gstreamer plugin API (without Gstreamer) to get that functionality.