Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 w/(gtk-kde|agg|ffmpeg) not playing .flv (debian et

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 w/(gtk-kde|agg|ffmpeg) not playing .flv (debian etch)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:04:16 +0200

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:31:24PM -0400, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:31 -0600, Sean E West (S) wrote:
> > All .swf's seem to play fine, but .flv's don't seem to play, this is
> > the
> > same for the standalone player and for the plugin in firefox.
>
> That's because gnash does not know about .flv which are just video
> files, but only about .swf. To playback .flv files, use a video player
> like vlc.

Just to integrate, gnash doesn't support loading .flv as if they
were a top-level movie, still supports them if loaded by a NetStream
ActionScript object.
I think it would be nice to support direct .flv loading in a way
similar to the one we use to load .jpg files, that is create
a dummy SWFMovieDefinition, stick a NetConnection/NetStream in it
and point to the actual stream for loading...
See BitmapMovieDefinition/BitmapMovieInstance anyone willing to
contribute a patch for that.