Re: [Gnash-dev] remoting

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] remoting
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:25:43 -0600

strk wrote:

I've to say I'm pretty scared about all this replacing rumors :) Curl
is a well estabilished piece of code.

 Because Curl does not have the functionality we need it to handle RTMP.
Curl is great for grabbing files, but sucks at anything really interactive. I looked at modifying Curl once, but adding RTMP preverts Curl's design, so why bother...

Why would you want to replace so many things ?

I have 25 years experience in writing network code, including the networking code used in air traffic control software... It's not "so many things", it's one library. Replacing curl means Gnash will gain working RTMP support, and many other advantages.