Re: [Gnash-dev] ChangeLog generation

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ChangeLog generation
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:13:27 +0200

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 08:00:14AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> strk wrote:
> >
> >Forget it. Works with bzr 1.6 as well, just failed
> >to install it correctly.
> >Next step is to find how to handle the switch
> >(old ChangeLog ends on 2008-07-29, is that when
> >we switched from CVS to bzr ?)
>
>   Roughly. Note that to have the bzr changelog plugin work correctly,
> you need to check in the files separately. Otherwise all the commit
> messages are with all the files, and unlike a real ChangeLog, you can't
> associate changes with the files those were made in. Even when not using
> bzr changelog, it's still probably a good idea to make multiple commits,
> than just one big one so changes can be associated with the files that
> were changed.

Yes, I was used to do so (a commit each standalone-working change).
Just not sure how this is handled with merges though...

Looks like branch starts at revision 9417, with top 2/3 entries
of the current ChangeLog done manually while we were already
using bzr.
I'll regenerate the file using:

        bzr log --gnu -r 9417..