Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: About AMF (Techical)

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: About AMF (Techical)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:21:00 +0200

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:40:33PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> If you
> seriously intend to completely ignore libamf, then you'd better fix the
> RTMP support, all the testcases, and the utilities to use readAMF0.

About testcases: self-contained ones would be far superior then internal
ones. One example is the recent Matrix-related test.
We have NO self-contained testcase failing, still an internal case was
failing due to misinterpretation of the requirements (the Flash model).

In this reguard, about AMF the only self-contained tests we have are:

        - actionscript.all/SharedObject.as (SOL)
        - misc-ming.all/NetStream-SquareTest.c (FLV)

A task I'd like to undertake is using the SharedObject.as to test
circular-references, which may prove on-the-road the appropriateness
of Element vs buffer based approaches.

But it is also important to implement a framework for testing other
uses and to improve the existing ones (FLV for instance could contain
lots more meta tags for us to test).

Testcases needing new frameworks:

        - Remoting (needs a simple server running during make check)
        - RTMP (needs a simple server running during make check)

Testcases needing more attention:

        - actionscript.all/LocalConnection.as
          -> currently fails