Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: About AMF (Techical)

From: Jason Woofenden
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: About AMF (Techical)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:34:36 -0400

>  While you say I'm ignoring your technical issue, I see you totally ignoring
> the bigger picture of what RTMP needs to work, and not being very open
> minded about those issues. Somewhere in the middle is probably a perfect
> solution. :-)

What's the bigger picture of what RTMP needs to work?

Here's what I've learned from your recent e-mails about this:

1) AMF encoding/decoding

2) convenient methods for accessing large/complex objects that
are/were encoded/decoded to/from AMF

3) storing some of these complex objects

What else is there?

Oh, and another question: do any of these large/complex objects have
types that cannot be represented by as_object/as_value?

You mentioned NetConnection, which I know is already written (though I
don't know of code to serialize it.)

Thanks,   - Jason