Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser on OLPC won't run a flash URL

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser on OLPC won't run a flash URL
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:21:10 -0400

John Gilmore forwards:
 > I was able to reproduce this in Browse, for example, on:
 >  http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/00sunny.swf

Doesn't work on my Linux Adobe flash7.  I suspect that something in
that swf requires flash version >7.

This works:
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g2/applegame.htm
as does this when run from the command line OR directly as a URL:
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g2/00applegame.swf

Here's the URL for all the games:
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

 > (there's also that annoying 'click to start flash' message).

Is OLPC shipping gnash with "start-stopped" true?  That's a feature
ONLY after we add an exception list so that they only ever have to
click once to start something.  Without that, it's a bug.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software